Join the UK's professional body for Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability practitioners. We have membership options for both individuals and organisations.
Benefits of Membership
Stay up to date on trends, grow your network of peers, develop your skills, and gain recognition for your expertise.
As the UK's professional body for CRS practitioners, our membership reflects the wide breadth of practitioners, from students and academics, to consultants and in-house practitioners from large and small organisations.
Self-assess your skills against the ICRS Competency Framework
Gain recognition for your expertise through Fellowship
Attend our events to stay up to date, network, and share best practice with peers
Apply for our popular mentoring programme
Network with peers in your area through our regional Hubs programme
Join as an individual member
We have two levels of membership: Member and Fellow. Membership is open to everyone inside and outside the UK, and there are no academic or professional requirements to join the community. Fellowship is open to anyone who has high levels of professional CRS experience and competence, as set out in our Competency Framework.
- Benchmark your CRS skillset using our competency framework
- Access to our library of resources
- Network with peers through regional Hub events
- Attend our annual flagship event, The Exchange
- One-on-one support through the Mentoring Programme
- Access to the online CPD logging system to track your development
- Work towards recognition for your expertise through our Fellowship level
Member: We welcome everyone inside and outside the UK, and there are no academic or professional requirements. Many resources are available online so wherever you are in the world, we hope you will find plenty of helpful support for your career. Before joining we ask that you to agree to the Institute's Code of Conduct.
Students: If you're in full-time education including accredited apprenticeship schemes, you can apply for Student Membership at no cost. You can apply for student membership here.
Fellow: To apply and be awarded Fellowship, you must submit an application and meet the following criteria:
- Have high levels of professional CRS experience and competence, as set out in our Competency Framework
- Spend at least 75% of their working time on CRS
- Have at least five years' professional CRS experience in the last eight years or three years in the last five with a relevant master’s degree or PhD
Membership is free for students in any discipline if they are in full-time education, including apprenticeships on accredited schemes. Please note we require proof of status for students or apprentices.
Membership lasts 12 months and we will remind you by email as your renewal date approaches. See our latest membership fees.
You can apply for membership today by clicking the button below.
Join as an organisational member
Our member organisations form a supportive and exciting network spanning numerous sectors. Together, they share and learn as a collective, spark new connections, and challenge the profession to evolve.
- Free, unlimited membership for colleagues across your organisation
- Introduce the Principles of CRS to colleagues within your organisation
- Benchmark your team's CRS skillset against our Competency Framework
- Empower your team to take control of their CPD
- Network with peers through regional Hub events
- Guaranteed places to attend our annual flagship event, The Exchange
- Priority access to participate in our Mentoring Programme
We welcome organisations of all types from multinationals to SMEs, academic institutions, charities, and social enterprises. We ask organisations to submit a short application outlining their organisation's commitment to responsible business practices. All organisational members commit to the following Principles of Membership.
- Uphold and promote the reputation of the Institute
- Actively participate in the activities of the Institute and develop its reach and influence
- Develop an understanding of the opportunities, risks and benefits that a commitment to CRS can have for business, other organisations and society
- Create ways of working with stakeholders and partners within and across organisations to maximise the benefits of responsible and sustainable business practices
- Influence and persuade others of the case for CRS
- Demonstrate integrity, honesty, ethical and appropriate behaviour at all times
- Act always within the law, contractual obligations and regulations
- Refrain from using ICRS membership to secure direct financial benefits from other members
- Respect and abide by these principles and encourage others to do the same
The Board reserves the right to suspend the membership of any organisation if it fails to comply with any of the Principles above.
Membership fees are an annual fee based on the type of organisation and level of membership: Patron or Standard. This one-time fee opens access to all member benefits, there are no additional costs to engage in programme elements. You can see here for our latest membership fees.
Membership follows a calendar year from January to December. If you join after 1 January, your fees will be pro-rated accordingly.
You can apply for membership by submitting a short application outlining your organisation's commitment to responsible business practices. All organisational members commit to our Principles of Membership.