Award Writers' Workshop
This workshop is your opportunity to enhance your skills in writing for sustainability, CR or Social Impact award programmes.
The topics this workshop will cover are the following:
- Award strategy: how to choose the best stories, impartially advise which awards to enter, plan your entry process to ensure you meet the deadline without cutting corners or taking risks.
- Award writing: winning an award isn’t about how deserving you are, it is about how deserving the judges think you are, and this is a very different thing. To convince the judges to pick you as a winner requires a combination of strong narrative, professional visual presentation, and compelling evidence.
- Cut through to the hard and important facts: learn how to best do your entry justice and how to go about finding the evidence needed to substantiate your claims.
- Get your story assessed by peers and judges: use what you learn on the day to write and present a short pitch to Global Good Awards judges, and your peers. You will be able to pitch your project live to two experienced GGA judges – the decision makers – and leave with genuine comments about your project.
- Experience being a judge: as well as pitching your story, you will be a judge too, hearing the other delegates’ pitches. The experience of being ‘on the other side of the table’ will be useful when you write yours.
Judges attending are:
Will Akerman, MyKindaFuture
Paula Owen, Green Gumption and eco action games
09:00 – Arrival, networking and refreshments
09:30 – AM session begins
11:00 – Refreshment break
12:30 – AM session finishes and networking lunch begins
14:15 – AM delegates and lunch guests depart
14:30 – PM session begins
16:00 – Refreshment break
17:30 – PM session finishes
Note: For more information and to register contact Karen Sutton (ICRS Members get 15% discount)
30 Gresham St